Fire in McLaren motorhome in Barcelona

On Saturday morning, during the Spanish Grand Prix, a fire broke out in McLaren's motorhome. All people were evacuated safely, one member of the British team was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Published on 22/06/2024 à 16:15

Yannis Duval

0 View comments)

Fire in McLaren motorhome in Barcelona

© DPPI

Shortly before the start of Free Practice 3 in Barcelona, ​​a fire was reported in the paddock. In fact, the motorhome of McLaren had to be evacuated following a fire which allegedly came from the kitchen.

All members of the British team as well as guests were evacuated without problem. While no injuries were reported, a member of the McLaren team was taken to hospital as a precaution. Please note that for security reasons, the hospitality ofAlpine, which is located right next to that of the Oranges, also had to be evacuated.

“This morning, a fire was detected in our trackside hospitality, explains McLaren in a press release. All staff and guests were evacuated and the circuit's emergency services attended the scene within minutes. Circuit emergency services and local firefighters have since extinguished the fire. »

“A member of the McLaren team was taken to hospital as a precaution, and all McLaren staff and guests were accounted for. We would like to thank all marshals and emergency services for their quick and professional response. We would also like to thank the Formula 1, the FIA ​​and our competitors who offered their help to our team and our guests this weekend. »

ALSO READ > 'Two drivers are better than one', Norris believes McLaren's chances in battle against Red Bull

0 View comments)

Continue reading on these topics:

Read also

Comments

*The space reserved for logged in users. Please connect to be able to respond or post a comment!

0 Comment (s)

To write a comment