François Cazalet is W2RC co-driver world champion in T3

Béarnais François Cazalet benefited from the support of Nasser Al-Attiyah to win the world title for T3 co-drivers in W2RC.

Published on 25/10/2022 à 17:34

Medhi Casaurang

0 View comments)

François Cazalet is W2RC co-driver world champion in T3

The reference in terms of co-piloting of T3 vehicles (light prototype) in rally-raid, it’s him. François Cazalet (OT3), already winner of the World Cup in 2021, did it again in 2022 during the first edition of the World Rally Raid Championship (W2RC).

The Béarnais won the four stages of the Andalusia Rally while dictating the course to follow to the Belgian Guillaume de Mévius. Rarely, François Cazalet learned to work during the season with the son of Grégoire de Mévius. Indeed, its former pilot Cristina Gutiérrez continued her journey with the Spaniard Pablo Moreno Huete for practical reasons, allowing François Cazalet to speak in French with Grégoire de Mévius.

See this post on Instagram

A publication shared by Guillaume De Mevius (@guillaume.demevius)

The representative of Red Bull Off-Road Junior Team also benefited from the support of a certain Nasser Al-Attiyah. The Qatari, winner of the 2022 Dakar and champion W2RC in the FIA ​​class, took a liking to the friendly co-driver from the southwest. While their participation in Andalusia was not planned, François Cazalet and Guillaume de Mévius received the necessary budget via the desert expert, which explained the “Qatar” decoration of the OT3 instead of the usual Red colors Bull.

ALSO READ > Al-Attiyah-Baumel are the first W2RC world champions

Medhi Casaurang

Passionate about the history of motorsport across all disciplines, I learned to read thanks to AUTOhebdo. At least that's what my parents tell everyone when they see my name inside!

0 View comments)