WEC – Silverstone, baptism of fire for the Lotus T128s

The team is taking part in the opening of the Endurance World Championship with two new Praga T128 LM P2s meeting the technical specifications of 2014.

Published on 09/04/2013 à 17:12

Writing

0 View comments)

WEC – Silverstone, baptism of fire for the Lotus T128s

They will discover the racing conditions. Lotus Praga LM P2, which flies the German flag, enters two new cars this weekend at the 6 Hours of Silverstone, during the opening of the world championship of?Endurance (WEC): the Praga T128. Engaged in the LM P2 category, these two new vehicles unveiled during the official WEC tests on the Paul-Ricard circuit have the particularity of meeting the technical specifications which will come into force in 2014.

The number 31 car crew will consist of Kevin Weeda and former driver Formula 1 Vitantonio Liuzzi. Starting for the rest of the season, James Rossiter, busy in Japan, will give way to the experienced Christophe Bouchut. “After four years in ALMS winning the last two titles, here is another good opportunity for me to work with Lotus this year”, commented the Isérois. “To be part of the Lotus T128's first race and the FIA ​​WEC opener at Silverstone is simply fantastic. This championship is a benchmark for endurance races, and since 2012 it has been a goal for me to participate. »

“Everyone at Lotus is very professional and there is a friendly atmosphere, which I really appreciate”, continues Christophe Bouchut. “I am very lucky to share the wheel with such good teammates like Tonio Liuzzi and Kevin Weeda with whom we will do a very good job, I am sure. I can't wait to be at Silverstone to drive the Lotus T128?. The N°128 Lotus Praga T32 will be entrusted for the entire season to Thomas Holzer, Dominik Kraihamer and Jan Charouz.

0 View comments)