Rallye du Maroc – Seth Quintero crowned W2RC champion in T3

Before probably moving to T1+ in 2024, Seth Quintero won his first world title in the Light Prototypes (T3) category at just 21 years old.

Published on 18/10/2023 à 19:43

Medhi Casaurang

0 View comments)

Rallye du Maroc – Seth Quintero crowned W2RC champion in T3

The American Quintero at work in the desert. Photo DPPI / Julien Delfosse

The battle was tough in the anteroom of T1+ on the Rally of Morocco 2023. Three drivers, all Americans, could win the world crown W2RC in T3. In Merzouga, it was the youngest of them, Seth Quintero, who won.

The 21-year-old Californian, associated with German co-driver Dennis Zenz, finished second in Morocco, behind Pole Marek Goczal, but far ahead of his rivals Mitch Guthrie and Austin Jones, victims of mechanical problems.

" Finally ! I had been looking for this title for two, even three years., breathed Seth Quintero. The last few seasons have been full of ups and downs, and every time I got closer to the title, I couldn't succeed.

During the Rallye du Maroc, I was virtually 12 points behind. I then said to myself: “Okay, I have to attack 100% and not regret anything.” It paid off! I would still have liked to win the category in this race, it would have been the icing on the cake. »

Seth Quintero remembers the transfer of the entire Red Bull Off-Road Junior Team towards Can-Am before the 2023 Dakar. “At the time, it was a real daring choice. But the team, the mechanics and my teammates worked excellently and for a first year with this machine, we didn't do too badly. », he laughs.

ALSO READ > Rally of Morocco – Broken exhaust, rut and dust: Sébastien Loeb takes stock of his race

Medhi Casaurang

Passionate about the history of motorsport across all disciplines, I learned to read thanks to AUTOhebdo. At least that's what my parents tell everyone when they see my name inside!

0 View comments)